Corsairs of the Caras Shallows
Things we have learned about Solo
- Solo’s presumed second in command was a troll Shaman named Bakka (sometimes known as Chewie)
- Solo was employed by the city of Carlis as a privateer.
- Solo’s minions attacked a ship carrying exotic creatures. These beasts eventually turned up in Solo’s stadium and were made to fight for sport. ( Noah’s Ark)
- Solo rebuilt the Blunderbuss Workshop ( Noah’s Ark)
- Solo is allied with lizardfolk from the swamps north of Carlis.
- Solo had access to a source of sulfur, which he used to create gunpowder for his cannons. The source may have been in the lake of acid in the lizard swamp. ( These are not the sulfur mines you’re looking for)
- Solo’s men (humans and lizardfolk) rescued a giant from Watt’s hijacked church using Blunderbuss hangliders. (They be Doin’ Watt? – Part 2)
- Solo was probably getting potassium nitrate (a component of gunpowder) from Admiral Watt. ( Man-Bat)
- Solo had a stronghold at the base of the West Caras Mountains. Several gnomes were held captive here and forced to manufacture weapons and gunpowder. ( Stop Solo! and Great Gnome Rescue)
- Solo’s minions also included orcs, half-orcs, morlocks, giants, and at least one basilisk ( Stop Solo! and Great Gnome Rescue)
- Solo had an onyx mine on an island guarded by undead ( Stop Solo!)
- Francis was captured at one point by Solo’s minions. Darrow traded two ships for his return. ( Stop Solo!)
- Solo was spotted aboard his flagship at Mackerel Jack’s. Several of Darrow’s allies boarded the ship and captured him. Bakka escaped from the battle alive. ( No More Solo)
- Solo was brought to Darrow’s island to face trial for his crimes. The witches appeared and offered a reward for him. They were not forthcoming about their reasons, so the offer was refused. Solo was executed. ( No More Solo)
- Solo’s organization is still a threat. It is possible that Bakka or the mayor of Carlis has taken command of the remaining forces.